Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sigh . . .

Kevin wanted the kids to sleep in our room in case rioting broke out, didn't want to have to worry about them. I can't believe we live in a time where we have to worry about rioting because of a presidential election. :/

I'm bummed about this election. I am so against everything Obama stands for (abortion, tax, health care, the Constitution, Iraq, military, gun control, spending, etc). If he was any further left, he'd fall off the scale. I just hope that he doesn't have a chance to put a lot of his plans into action before the next election (and yes, I'm already looking forward to the next election!!). Obama and everything that has come out in this whole ordeal is full of red flags. But we (not me) are willing to sweep it all under the rug because "the Republicans have done so bad the last 8 years!"

I've read so many comments on other sites. Some make me laugh . . . some make me cry . . . and most just make me angry. Like the lady who says that she voted for Obama so she didn't have to get a job. Or the guy who says that "America will be different now that *we* finally got into the White House." So much for being proud that we have moved ahead so far as a nation that a black man can be president.

I do have to say that I started off the day disappointed. Disappointed in America and the people of this country. I said that I would not stand behind this president or even acknowledge him as "my president." I know (and hope) that my feelings are heightened right now because the wounds are fresh. I hope I can come to terms with this and continue to support our country and do my best to make it a better place, in spite of the obstacles.

I did read something that helped ease my mind, at least a little.

How to Survive the National Hangover

And now I'm off to watch Hannity and Colmes. :)

No comments: